APP 9-11: Processing One-Time Payments
All one-time payments must be approved by the Office of Academic Personnel prior to the activity/service taking place and before these payments are offered to the academic appointee.
For all intercampus one-time payments, the host campus must notify the home campus of the activity in advance of the activity being performed. The home campus must confirm that the academic appointee is eligible to receive the payment.
Job Codes and Earn Codes for UCPath Entry:
- Guest Lecturer: 001650 / HON for Honorarium
- Faculty Consultant: 003700 / ACF for Additional Compensation – Consulting
- Award/Prize: 003999 / AAP for Academic Award or Prize
- Misc. Academic Activity: 003999 / RGN for Regular Pay
|Home/Host||Form to Use||Process
- Host department prepares and completes AP-70 form.
- Host department sends AP-70 form to the Office of Academic Personnel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Office of Academic Personnel will reviews and sends form back to host department.
- Host department processes transaction in UCPath.
|Home: Other UC|
- UCI department completes the UPAY 644C-T for inter-location one-time payment form.
- UCI department sends UPAY 644C-T to the UCI Office of Academic Personnel (email@example.com).
- UCI Office of Academic Personnel will review form; if approved, will send to home campus.
- Home campus completes their section/approval and sends form back to the UCI Office of Academic Personnel.
- UCI Office of Academic Personnel will send completed form to UCI department.
- UCI department will enter transaction in UCPath
Host: Other UC
- Host campus completes the UPAY 644C-T for inter-location one-time payment form.
- Host campus sends the form to UCI’s Office of Academic Personnel for review and approval.
- UCI Academic Personnel will send completed form to host campus.
- Host campus will enter transaction in UCPath.