The Provost’s office will make available central funding to support commitments to inclusive excellence in faculty hiring. Deans can apply for an “inclusive excellence supplement” to help recruit faculty, identified through a standard department-based search, who contribute significantly to the goal of inclusive excellence. This does not apply to individuals hired through campus hiring programs, such as High Impact (HIHP) or Faculty Hiring for Leveraged Research Excellence (FHLRE) Initiatives. All Schools, including the Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences, are invited to participate.
Proposition 209, codified as article I, section 31 of the California Constitution, prohibits the University from discriminating against or granting preferential treatment to any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity or national origin. Therefore, the University may not use race or gender as a factor in deciding who will be offered employment. Applications should focus on the candidates’ potential to make a significant contribution to inclusive excellence through teaching, research or service.
- If a standard department-based search managed through AP Recruit with one salary control number (SC#) results in the identification of two top candidates who both contribute to inclusive excellence, the Dean can apply to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel for a supplement to fund the second candidate.
- Supplement if approved will provide:
- Beginning in 2018-2019, 1.0 FTE, permanent salary funding up to max of $100K, and a corresponding benefits allocation for the second candidate.
- Standard set up amount for both candidates.
- Supplements will be awarded on a rolling basis.
- If a school applies and only one candidate accepts, the Provost portion is rolled back into the program.
- Submit application to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Dean/Chair letter with justification of how both candidates contribute to inclusive excellence.
- JPF Number from AP Recruit (job number to identify job ad).
- Diversity Statement for each candidate.
- CV for each candidate.
If you have questions please contact Diane O’Dowd at email@example.com.