Thursday, October 10, 2019 — Tuesday, October 22, 2019
In accordance with guidelines issued by the Office of the President, the University of California is implementing a 3% across-the-board salary increase plus a 1% special salary program for Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academic appointees tied to the Ladder-Rank scales effective 10/1/2019. The current salary in PPS will be used to apply the respective salary increase.
Ladder rank faculty and other academic appointees tied to the ladder rank scales
- Ladder ranks and equivalent faculty (Acting, Adjunct, Recall, In Residence, Associate Deans)
- Professors of Teaching (Lecturer with Security of Employment series)
- Health Sciences Compensation Plan (HSCP) faculty (Adjunct, Clinical X, HS Clinical, In Residence) X and X’
|PPS Freeze Timeline
For Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academics tied to the ladder ranks
|Wednesday, October 9, 2019||LAST DAY TO UPDATE
This is the last day you will be allowed to make any changes in PPS for Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academics tied to the ladder ranks.
|Thursday, October 10, 2019 — |
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Do not update/change/delete appointments in PPS for Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academics tied to the ladder ranks during this time. Appointments entered after the PPS Freeze will need to be manually adjusted.
|Wednesday, October 23, 2019||ADJUSTMENT COMPLETE
Units may again begin to update personnel actions for Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academics tied to the ladder ranks in PPS. A PPS Listserv notice will be forwarded as soon as the salary adjustment process is complete.
The new salary scales are available on the AP Website. Please do not enter the new October 1, 2019 rates into PPS until after the adjustment has been completed.
After the Adjustment
- REVIEW: Payroll no longer automatically prints/distributes reports of the changes resulting from the range adjustment process. You still have access to these reports via the EDL. Instructions on accessing these reports can be found at: https://wiki.oit.uci.edu/display/public/Electronic+Document+Libraries+%28EDL%29+Payroll+Reports+Overview. Please remember that it is critical that you review and verify the accuracy of these reports as soon as possible. With so many payroll changes occurring, it is important that any errors be corrected before salary is affected (payroll cut-off: 10/25/2019).
- CAP GAP: Units will need to update the Salary Differentials/Cap Gap to account for the increase in salary.
NSTP (Negotiated Salary Trial Program)
The range adjustment will not update any NSTP appointment lines or distributions. Effective October 1, 2019, NSTP participants must decrease the Negotiated Salary Component (NSC), while increasing the Scale Based Salary (SBS) to maintain the same Total UC Salary (TUCS) that was approved prior to the range adjustment.
If you have any questions, please contact your Academic Personnel Analyst.