Issuance of Revised Academic Personnel Manual (APM)
October 22, 2018
I am transmitting the revised, and new, sections of the Academic Personnel Manual, as follows:
- APM Section 285, Lecturer with Security of Employment Series
- APM Section 210-3, Instructions to Review Committees That Advise on Actions Concerning the Lecturer with Security of Employment Series
- APM Section 133, Limitation on Total Period of Service with Certain Academic Titles
- APM Section 740, Leaves of Absence/Sabbatical Leaves
- APM Section 135, Security of Employment
- APM Section 235, Acting Appointments
The revised suite of policies (collectively the “LSOE policies”) may be found online at: https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/academic-personnel-policy/policy-issuances-and-guidelines/revised-apm-285-210-3-133-740-135-235.html
Each of the policies is issued effective October 1, 2018. Campuses will have until July 1, 2019 to fully implement the revised LSOE policies.
As part of the implementation process, we are initiating a consultative process this fall that will include Deans, Equity Advisors, Department Chairs, Senate Leadership, and the Council on Academic Personnel (CAP).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (949) 824-0662.
Diane K. O’Dowd
Vice Provost for Academic Personnel