UC Irvine will be implementing general salary increases for faculty and non-represented academic personnel. Under this salary program, the salary for faculty and non-represented academic personnel listed below will be adjusted by at 1.5%, effective July 1, 2017. For ladder-rank faculty scales, and scales that derive from the ladder-rank scales, there will be some smoothing to the scales, with each step increase at least 1.5 percent and a few slightly higher.
As was the case last year, there will also be a discretionary salary adjustment program to address issues of equity, compression, and inversion for Non-HS Comp Plan Ladder Faculty/LSOE and the Non-Senate (Non-Ladder Rank, Non-HS Comp Plan, Non-Represented, Non-Student) Academic Employees.
Ladder rank faculty (non-HS Comp Plan) and LSOE series faculty
Funds equivalent to 1.5% of total budgeted salary of this group will be distributed through the program. Guidelines for implementation of the salary adjustment program were developed by a joint senate-administration committee.
- Deans will be provided with 2016-17 salary equity data generated by OIR in collaboration with the senate-administration salary equity committee, and their 1.5% fund pool.
- Deans will review these data in consultation with school Equity Advisor, Associate/Assistant Deans, and Department Chairs to identify issues in the four areas identified by UCOP: equity, compression, and inversion. Additional factors that can be considered include:
- Decade of hire
- Salary at hire
- Retentions or salary adjustments
- Rate of progress
- Special awards
- Service contributions including institution building activities
- Sub-disciplinary market differences
- Schools will prepare recommendations for distribution of the 1.5% pool to individual faculty based on one or more of the areas/factors above.
- Provost office will review all recommendations for final approval
Health Sciences Compensation Plan Faculty
There will be some smoothing to the HSCP scales providing an increase of at least 1.5% to the X and X’ components. There is no expectation of further discretionary awards for faculty who are members of the Health Sciences Compensation Plan.
Non-Ladder rank, non-HS Comp Plan, non-represented, non-student, Academic Appointees
Individuals in this group are eligible for up to a 1.5% discretionary increase in salary if supported by the base salary fund source.
No salary equity data are available for this group. Deans will consult with Dept. Chairs, Assistant/Associate Deans and Equity advisors and submit a list of recommended increases. Provost office will review for final approval.
Other Adjustments for 2017-18:
- Represented Librarians: In accordance with the contractual agreement between the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the University of California, salary rates for the represented Librarians will be subject to a general range adjustment of 1.5% effective July 1, 2017.
- Resident Physicians: The salary scale for resident physicians will be adjusted by 3% effective July 1, 2017.
- Unit 18 Lecturers: In accordance with the contractual agreement between the University Council – American Federation of Teachers (UC-AFT) and the University of California, salary rates for Unit 18 Non-Senate Faculty (NSF) titles will be subject to a general range adjustment of 2.5% effective July 1, 2017.
- Graduate Student Researchers and Academic Student Employees: In accordance with the contractual agreement between the United Auto Workers (UAW) and the University of California, salary rates for the Academic Student Employees will be subject to a general range adjustment of 3% effective October 1, 2017. As with previous years, Graduate Student Researcher rates will also receive a matching increase of 3% effective October 1, 2016. More information on this range adjustment will be communicated in the Fall.
Questions should be directed to email@example.com, subject line of 2017 Salary Program