Unit 18 Faculty Professional Development Fund Pool
As part of the current Memorandum of Understanding between the University and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), each UC campus has provided a Professional Development Fund Pool for Unit 18 Faculty covered by the agreement. For the 2021-2022 year awards, at the Irvine Campus, all Unit 18 Faculty appointees with a current appointment during the 2021-2022 academic year are eligible to apply.
Attached is information concerning the types of awards and a copy of the award application form. I also want to bring to your attention to the following important details:
- Funding for this program is limited and the anticipated demand will no doubt exceed our ability to fund all proposals. Therefore, you are encouraged to provide realistic rankings of requests.
- The Fund Pool includes a total of $73,092.53 which includes the 2022-23 allocation and $13,207.53 in unused 2020-2021 funds.
- Funding awarded to the selected applicants in the 2021-2022 application year must be used by the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
- Special Provision: Unit 18 Faculty who received an award in 2019-2020 and were unable to use the funds during 2020-2021, will have the opportunity to use those same awards during 2021-2022 without resubmission.
- Your signature and that of the chair on the project summary sheet should accompany the proposal. This helps to ensure that you have seen all proposals and have had a chance to rank them according to the criteria. Deans and chairs are encouraged to add comments and recommendations as appropriate.
March 8, 2022 Due in the Dean’s Office
March 15, 2022 Due in Academic Personnel
This information is also available on the Academic Personnel website http://ap.uci.edu/programs/lecturer-professional-development-funds/. If you have any questions, please contact Karisa Breckenridge at (949) 824-5104 or email@example.com.
Diane K. O’Dowd
Vice Provost for Academic Personnel