UC Irvine will be implementing general salary increases for faculty and non-represented academic personnel. Under this salary program, the salary for faculty and non-represented academic personnel listed below will be adjusted by 1.5%, effective July 1, 2016.
In addition, UC Irvine is pleased to announce a discretionary salary adjustment program to address issues of equity, compression, and inversion for Non-HS Comp Plan Ladder Faculty/LSOE and the Non-Senate (Non-Ladder Rank, Non-HS Comp Plan, Non-Represented, Non-Student Academic Employees).
Group 1. Ladder rank faculty (non-HS Comp Plan) and LSOE series faculty
Funds equivalent to 1.5% of total budgeted salary of this group will be distributed through the program. A joint senate-administration committee met to review salary equity data and develop guidelines for implementation of the salary adjustment program.
- Deans will be provided with 2015-16 salary equity data generated by OIR in collaboration with the senate-administration salary equity committee, and their 1.5% fund pool.
- Deans will review these data in consultation with school Equity Advisor, Associate/Assistant Deans, and Department Chairs to identify issues in the four areas identified by UCOP: equity, compression, and inversion. Additional factors that can be considered include:
- Decade of hire
- Salary at hire
- Retentions or salary adjustments
- Rate of progress
- Special awards
- Service contributions including institution building activities
- Sub-disciplinary market differences
- Schools will prepare recommendations for distribution of the 1.5% pool to individual faculty based on one or more of the areas/factors above.
- Provost office will review all recommendations for final approval
Group 2. Health Sciences Compensation Plan Faculty
1.5% will be added to the X and X’ component of the HSCP scales. There is no expectation of further discretionary awards for faculty who are members of the Health Sciences Compensation Plan.
Group 3. Non-Ladder rank, non-HS Comp Plan, non-represented, non-student, Academic Appointees
Individuals in this group are eligible for up to a 1.5% discretionary increase in salary if supported by the base salary fund source.
No salary equity data are available for this group. Deans will consult with Dept. Chairs, Assistant/Associate Deans and Equity advisors and submit a list of recommended increases. Provost office will review for final approval.
QUESTIONS: Questions should be directed to email@example.com, subject line of 2016 Salary Program