Forms and Checklists
|Category||Form Type||Form Number|
|Employment Forms||Documentation Checklist||UCI-AP-PX2|
|Postdoctoral Scholar Employment Form||UCI-AP-PX1|
|Annual Review||Postdoctoral Scholar Annual Review — Progress Assessment||UCI-AP-PX3|
|Other||Union Membership Election Form||--|
|Individual Development Plan (IDP) Guidelines||--|
|Individual Development Plan (IDP) Form||--|
Layoff/Reduction in Time
Layoff (Article 11 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement) is defined as an involuntary separation, or a reduction in percent effort or duration of appointment for a Postdoctoral Scholar prior to the established appointment end date as a result of appropriate funding becoming unavailable.
Written notice shall be provided to Postdoctoral Scholar at least thirty (30) calendar days in advance of the effective date of the layoff. When a department is proposing to effectuate a layoff or reduction in time for a Postdoctoral Scholar, the following steps must be followed:
- Submit a written request for layoff, including specifying the reason and any supporting document, and a draft layoff notice using the sample layoff notice to the School Dean’s Office.
- Dean’s Office will submit the above documents to the Academic Personnel Office for review.
- Academic Personnel will inform the School Dean’s Office, which will in turn inform the department, to issue the layoff notice to affected Postdoctoral Scholar.
- Academic Personnel will inform the Labor Relations Office, which will be responsible to provide the requisite notice to the UAW.
- Postdoctoral Scholar — Employee (Title Code 3252)
- Postdoctoral Scholar — Fellow (Title Code 3253)
- Postdoctoral Scholar — Paid Direct (Title Code 3254)
Salary & Benefits
- Postdoctoral Scholars Salary Scale
- Salary Scale Implementation Overview Slides
- Postdoctoral Scholar Benefits Plan (PSBP)
Policies & Procedures
- Redelegation of Postdoctoral Scholars
- Grievance and Appeal Procedures for Non-Represented Postdoctoral Scholars
- Specialists vs. Postdocs – what’s the difference?
Anniversary Date Changes
- The postdoc's title name/title code changes, or
- The postdoc switches PIs/departments/labs