Changes to Policies Affecting Lecturers with Security of Employment Series
October 22, 2018
LECTURER WITH POTENTIAL FOR SECURITY OF EMPLOYMENT
SR / LECTURER WITH SECURITY OF EMPLOYMENT
Effective October 1, 2018, the following Academic Personnel Manual (APM) policies relating to faculty in the Lecturer with Security of Employment (LSOE) Series have been revised systemwide by the Office of the President:
- APM Section 285, Lecturer with Security of Employment Series
- APM Section 210-3, Instructions to Review Committees That Advise on Actions Concerning the Lecturer with Security of Employment Series
- APM Section 133, Limitation on Total Period of Service with Certain Academic Titles
- APM Section 740, Leaves of Absence/Sabbatical Leaves
- APM Section 135, Security of Employment
- APM Section 235, Acting Appointments
The revised policies can be accessed online at: https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/academic-personnel-policy/policy-issuances-and-guidelines/revised-apm-285-210-3-133-740-135-235.html
Changes include the adoption of the Professorial series rank/step advancement and salary scales. Your rank and step will be assigned in a process that will include consultation with the deans, equity advisors, Council on Academic Personnel (CAP). The final decision will be at the Provost level. No salaries will be reduced in this process.
In addition, you are now eligible to earn sabbatical credits in accordance with the same guidelines governing sabbatical for ladder-rank faculty. A starting sabbatical credit balance will be calculated for you by the campus.
If you have any questions regarding the revision to these policies or the next steps in the transition to the revised policies, please email them to the Office of Academic Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diane K. O’Dowd
Vice Provost for Academic Personnel