A. General Policy
- Individuals may request a leave of absence to consult or provide service to an agency of the federal government, State of California, county or city within California, or to any part, section, subsidiary or agency thereof. Department chairs have authority to approve this type of leave for up to seven (7) calendar (5 service) days.
- This type of leave generally is approved as a leave without pay. In some cases, a leave with pay may be granted; however, the UCI portion of the individual’s salary will be reduced in proportion to any compensation received from the governmental agency.
B. Leave Request
- Submit a Leave of Absence form (AP-UCI-76).
- Approval authority:
- Seven days or less without compensation: Department Chair.
- Greater than seven (7) calendar days and less than thirty (30) days with or without pay: Dean.
- Greater than thirty (30) calendar days without pay: Dean.
- Greater than thirty (30) calendar days with pay: Vice Provost.