Come join our energized and effective team committed to the recruitment and retention of brilliant faculty! Consider a career in the Office of Academic Personnel, UCI’s academic HR unit providing excellent service to our academic employee population. As part of the Provost’s Office team, we create policy and resources that enable our faculty to focus on their innovative research, teaching and service responsibilities. A key element of UCI’s strategic plan is to increase our research and teaching capacity to improve lives by adding an additional 250 faculty over the next five years. The Office of Academic Personnel is critical to UCI’s success in its goal to achieve Growth That Makes A Difference.
Ideal team members will have proven successful experience to:
- Develop effective partnerships with campus school/unit colleagues
- Analyze personnel reviews and employment recommendations for conformance with policy and procedure
- Resolve issues by formulating recommendations, based on sound research, to senior academic leaders (chancellor, provost, vice provosts, deans, chairs)
- Navigate and implement personnel policies for academic employees
- Develop campus policy in a consultative process
We will be hiring in the Analyst series which includes the following job titles:
The hiring authority will determine the initial job title based on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Please reference each position description for responsibilities as well as skills, knowledge and abilities required/preferred. Career growth opportunities exist within the Office of Academic Personnel, as well as throughout the campus and UC system.
UCI Shines Brighter!
- UCI is the 2nd largest employer in Orange County, with over 22,000 employees! More than half are academic employees.
- UCI is ranked #9 public university in the U.S. by S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges ranking of undergraduate programs.
- The New York Times recognizes UCI as the #1 university doing the most for low-income students.
- UCI has maintained its achievement as a top 10 “Coolest School” for 7 consecutive years for its innovative sustainable practices, as recognized by Sierra
- Forbes named UCI the #8 Best Value College in 2017 based on campus tuition costs, school quality, graduation success rates and post-grad earnings.
Come explore this unique opportunity to join a winning team!