In accordance with guidelines issued by the Office of the President, the University of California is implementing a 1.5% across-the-board and 1.5% discretionary salary increase for Faculty and Non-Represented Academics* effective 7/1/2017.
|PPS Freeze Timeline — For Faculty and Non-Represented Academics*
|Saturday, July 1, 2017||LAST DAY TO UPDATE
This is the last day you will be allowed to make any changes in PPS for Faculty and Non-Represented Academics*.
|Monday, July 3, 2017 — |
Friday, July 14, 2017
Do not update/change/delete appointments in PPS for Faculty and Non-Represented Academic titles during this time.
|Saturday, July 15, 2017||ADJUSTMENT COMPLETE
Units may again begin to update personnel actions for Faculty and Non-Represented Academic* titles in PPS. A PPS Listserv notice will be forwarded as soon as the salary adjustment process is complete.
Discretionary Increase Approvals
We expect to have the approvals for your discretionary increases to you sometime this week. Implementation of the discretionary increase will be done centrally.
The new salary scales are available on the AP Website. Please do not enter the new July 1, 2017 rates into PPS until after the adjustment has been completed.
After the Adjustment: Review
- REVIEW: Payroll no longer automatically prints/distributes reports of the changes resulting from the range adjustment process. You still have access to these reports via the EDL. Instructions on accessing these reports can be found at: https://wiki.oit.uci.edu/display/public/Electronic+Document+Libraries+%28EDL%29+Payroll+Reports+Overview. Please remember that it is critical that you review and verify the accuracy of these reports as soon as possible. With so many payroll changes occurring, it is important that any errors be corrected before salary is affected (payroll cut-off: 7/26/2017).
- UPDATE OFF-SCALE INDICATORS: Units who had approved discretionary increases which turned an on-scale salary into an off-scale salary must update PPS to reflect that the new salaries are off-scale (enter an “O” in the “O/A” field). The automatic adjustment process will update the salaries, but is unable to update the off-scale indicator.
- SUMMER SALARY and/or CAP GAP: Summer salary distribution lines that are not subject to salary caps will be adjusted accordingly. Units will need to update the Salary Differentials/Cap Gap to account for the increase in salary.
NSTP (Negotiated Salary Trial Program)
The range adjustment will not update any NSTP appointment lines or distributions. Participants in the NSTP must choose one of the three options below for updating their appointment/distribution lines.
- Increase the NSC amount (Negotiated Salary Component) to account for the increased SBS (Scale Based Salary).
- Decrease the NSC to maintain the same salary (TUCS, Total UC Salary) prior to the range adjustment.
- Maintain the same NSC amount prior to the range adjustment and lower the NSTP participation percentage.
If you have any questions, please contact your Academic Personnel Analyst.
*Note: In accordance with the contractual agreement between the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the University of California, salary rates for the represented Librarians will be subject to a general range adjustment of 1.5% effective July 1, 2017. This increase will be processed during this freeze.