In accordance with guidelines issued by the Office of the President, the University of California is implementing a 4% across-the-board salary increase for Ladder-Rank Faculty and other academic appointees tied to the Ladder-Rank scales and 3% across-the board salary increase for other Non-Represented Academics effective 7/1/2018. The current salary in PPS will be used to apply the respective salary increase.
|Ladder-Rank Faculty and Other
Academics Appointees tied to the Ladder Rank
|Ladder Rank Professor Series
|HSCP Professor Series (Adjunct, Clinical X,
HS Clinical, In Residence)
|Project Scientist Series
Non-Represented Librarian Series
|Professional Research Series
||Assistant & Associate University Librarians
|Lecturers/Senior Lecturers with SOE/PSOE
||Academic Administrators Series
||Teachers — UNEX (Contract-Year not eligible)
|PPS Freeze Timeline — For Faculty and Non-Represented Academics
|Thursday, July 5, 2018||LAST DAY TO UPDATE
This is the last day you will be allowed to make any changes in PPS for Faculty and Non-represented Academics.
|Friday, July 6, 2018 — |
Monday, July 16, 2018
Do not update/change/delete appointments in PPS for Faculty and Non-represented Academics during this time. Appointments entered after the PPS Freeze will need to be manually adjusted.
|Tuesday, July 17, 2018||ADJUSTMENT COMPLETE
Units may again begin to update personnel actions for Faculty and Non-represented Academic titles in PPS. A PPS Listserv notice will be forwarded as soon as the salary adjustment process is complete
Discretionary Increase Approvals
This year there was no discretionary program.
Merits and Promotions Effective July 1, 2018
The applicable salary increase will be applied in addition to the Faculty’s approved merit or promotion effective July 1, 2018.
The new salary scales are available on the AP Website. Please do not enter the new July 1, 2018 rates into PPS until after the adjustment has been completed.
After the Adjustment
- REVIEW: Payroll no longer automatically prints/distributes reports of the changes resulting from the range adjustment process. You still have access to these reports via the EDL. Instructions on accessing these reports can be found at: https://wiki.oit.uci.edu/display/public/Electronic+Document+Libraries+%28EDL%29+Payroll+Reports+Overview. Please remember that it is critical that you review and verify the accuracy of these reports as soon as possible. With so many payroll changes occurring, it is important that any errors be corrected before salary is affected (payroll cut-off: 7/27/2018).
- SUMMER SALARY and/or CAP GAP: Summer salary distribution lines that are not subject to salary caps will be adjusted accordingly. Units will need to update the Salary Differentials/Cap Gap to account for the increase in salary.
NSTP (Negotiated Salary Trial Program)
The range adjustment will not update any NSTP appointment lines or distributions. Participants in the NSTP must choose one of the three options below for updating their appointment/distribution lines.
- Increase the NSC amount (Negotiated Salary Component) to account for the increased SBS (Scale Based Salary).
- Decrease the NSC to maintain the same salary (TUCS, Total UC Salary) prior to the range adjustment.
- Maintain the same NSC amount prior to the range adjustment and lower the NSTP participation percentage.
Reminder: Unit 18 PPS Freeze
The PPS freeze for the Unit 18 range adjustment starts Monday, July 2, 2018. Please do not make any adjustments/additions in PPS for that population until July 7, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact your Academic Personnel Analyst.